Why Dental Implants are Ideal for Replacing Your Missing Teeth
If you lose a tooth due to mouth trauma, you need to replace it immediately to prevent bone loss. Missing a tooth adversely affects your smile, rendering to uneven smiles and low self-esteem. There are various therapeutic procedures that the dentist near you can use to replace tour missing teeth. Implants are ideal cosmetic insertions that can restore your overall dental functions.
Implants are suitable for replacing missing permanent teeth since they restore your natural appearance and functionalities of your teeth. Your implants specialist will customize implants to provide you with proper restoration exceptionally. If you’re missing some teeth, ensure you visit the general dentistry near you ad find a suitable solution to restore your smile through implants.
What a Tooth Implant Procedure Entails
Undergoing a tooth implant procedure replaces your extracted or missing tooth and promotes optimal oral health. Your jaw gains support and your facial structure is restored. Implants are surgically inserted titanium rods into your jaw bone, and local anesthesia is used to alleviate pain during the invasive process. Your oral surgeon performs the procedure with specialized techniques to ensure you are comfortable during the procedure. The procedure involves the following stages:
- An initial examination of your jaw bone, mouth, and teeth through digital x-rays determines whether implants are an ideal option for your specific condition.
- Surgical insertion of a titanium rod into your jaw bone
- Your wound undergoes stitching for healing to occur, and the implant fuses to your bone and gum.
- After the healing process, an abutment is attached to your implant, and a customized artificial tooth is attached to the abutment.
Why It’s Done
Teeth implants are vital in restoring your tooth roots and to stimulating the growth of your jaw bone. The surgical insertion is done on your jaw bone, and it’s ideal for you if:
- You don’t smoke tobacco
- Denture braces are not suitable for your dental
- Your jaw bone has adequate mass to support the implant or can undergo grafting
- All your oral tissues are healthy
- There are no underlying dental issues that might affect the healing of your bone
- You have missing permanent teeth
- The jaw bone is fully grown.
Benefits Associated With Dental Implants
Implants are significant in addressing various dental issues, and below are some of the benefits:
- Preserving your jaw bone and restoring your dental structure. Your oral health depends on your gums and teeth’ condition, and if you miss a tooth, your jaw bone’s shape and structure are affected. Insertion of artificial tooth roots stimulates your jawbone and prevents bone loss. The invasive procedure prevents severe deterioration of your jaw bone and ensures your jaw bone is preserved, which aids in maintaining your facial structure.
- Tooth implants restore your natural aesthetic outlook. They are cosmetically appealing and are permanent dental works for your missing teeth, and your vibrant smile is restored.
- The dental insertions replace your missing teeth and restore the tooth functionalities. Unlike dentures that slide around your gums, implants fuse permanently to your jaw bone, and you can take any diet without restrictions.
With proper maintenance, implants are durable, and they can serve you for decades. You need to brush and floss regularly to prevent bacterial infections and decay along your gum line. It’s essential to undergo regular dental exams for your specialist to check on your implants’ condition.
Placement of Dental Implants Fort Valley, GA
Missing a tooth can adversely affect your dental and facial appearance. You find it challenging to perform routine tooth functions. Teeth implants provide you with a permanent solution for your missing teeth, transform your aged facial appearance, and restore your dental structure. At Whitaker Family Dentistry, we used custom-made restorative implants that are friendly to your oral tissues to become permanent fixtures for your mouth.
Our dental specialists utilize advanced equipment to provide you with cosmetic and general dentistry procedures. We are committed to providing you with exceptional dental care. Our dentists recommend you to under the tooth implant procedure to restore your overall tooth functions and preserve your jaw bone from loss. Living with missing teeth may adversely affect your overall dental health, and you need to undergo an implant procedure. Please schedule a tooth implant procedure with our dentists today, and find an ideal and permanent fix for your missing permanent tooth.